14th September 2021
Join Team Pippin!
Pippin is an award-winning independent gift shop in the West end of Edinburgh, selling a carefully curated collection of cards and gifts, all lovingly designed in the UK. I opened Pippin at 30 Haymarket Terrace in 2011 – it has grown and evolved over the past decade and now includes an online business as well as the busy bricks and mortar shop. If you’d like to join the team and be part of something special, then read on…
- One day per week (8hrs)
- Which day of the week will vary, flexibility is essential, and it will include some weekends.
- Permanent role, to start immediately.
- Working mostly solo in the shop once training period is complete.
- Extra hours will be required in the run up to Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and occasionally to cover annual leave.
- £9 per hour, plus staff discount and statutory paid annual leave.
What I’m looking for:
- Previous retail experience essential.
- Jewellery-specific experience a bonus but not essential.
- Experience using Shopify or a similar POS would be ideal but not essential as long as you’re tech savvy and a quick learner.
- A creative eye and a passion for good design.
- Keen attention and memory for detail.
- Someone who is friendly, polite and happy to chat with customers.
- Someone who is reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and stay calm under pressure.
Duties will include:
Serving customers, gift wrapping, processing stock deliveries, picking and packing online orders, photographing products, cleaning and tidying, creating displays, cash handling, stocktaking and keyholder responsibility. Possibly also helping me with some basic website admin.
*Relevant references must be provided (will only be contacted after a successful interview).
How to Apply:
If you'd like to apply for this role please send your CV and an introduction email addressed to Erica Stahl at email@example.com. Any questions about the role should also be sent via email to this address, please do not enquire via social media.